1. Vulnerable women's wing
We undertook a literature review and consultation with service users, families, staff and other units resulting in:
- review and redesign of existing space to provide a 5-bedded female wing with restricted access and separate outdoor area
- employment of additional female staff
2. Service user room keys
We provided each service user with their own room key which gives them a greater sense of security and control.
3. Whanau and interview rooms redesign
We redesigned our whānau and interview rooms to provide more comfortable and private spaces for service users and their visitors. Since the redesign, many more people have been using the whānau rooms.
4. Kids zone
We created a "Kids Zone" as a family / whānau friendly space away from main areas to provide privacy. Thank you to staff for their donation of toys and books to help create this space.
The aims of the space are to:
- help reduce stigma and barriers for children to visit their parents
- provide an environment for parents and children to play together
- provide a place for mothers with babies to spend time